Friday, March 21, 2008

Med school update

Two bits of info for anyone interested...

Bad news is I finally got the ole reject from Yale...at least I didn't get an interview and had to have flown up to the arctic pole in the winter spending a fortune on the plane ticket, just to then get rejected.

Good news is I got waitlisted at UM Boca campus. Waitlisting means I am put on an alternate list and when enough people move on to others schools, I get my offer. No idea how far down that list I am, or if I will ever be offerred a spot, but at this point in the year a waitlist is the best possible option. Hey, I interviewed and they didn't reject me, so that is at least something.

Next Wednesday, March 26th, my case comes up to the committee at UM Jackson campus, so will let you all know something else then.

Update 4 years later: Got into UM miami campus and am a few short weeks away from graduating with my m.d.

No comments: